Tuesday 22 January 2013

A Realisation

Was sitting amongst peers / colleagues today and realized the vast amount of experience and qualifications around me. Professional degrees, double masters, Oxford / Cambridge grads, even few PHds. How did I stack up? Needed to come up with something to curb the growing inferiority complex. Well...

I went to the School of Moral Values where my mother was the principal. Attended the College of Independence where my father was a visiting lecturer. Later did a Bachelors degree from Open University of Friends where I did a major in Trust and minor in Diplomacy. Also did a Masters degree in Problem Solving from the International University of Life. Finally a thesis in Common Sense which has been accepted for PHd at numerous institutions where it is not taught.

What I realized was that I am what people have made me; my family, friends, co-workers in all phases of life. The people who I have built my life around. It's people who defines us and develop our qualities - not the papers or certificates. Felt good.

No comments: